Top Ten: Books in a Post-Apocalyptic Setting
1) People going about their normal lives.
2) Rumors, news of something that’s NOT QUITE RIGHT. Fear builds.
3) The threat is identified (Zombies! Meteor strike! Alien invasion! Deadly virus! Nuclear war!) Full-on panic time!
4) Many people are dead. Depending on the nature of the initial threat, it may still be in place or it may have left a new threat behind.
5) Survivors must learn how to live in this new world.
So let’s take a look at some of the events that can lead to an apocalypse. I’ve focused on environmental catastrophes, man-made catastrophes (war, experimenting with a virus that gets out of control), and monstrous invasions. Have I depressed you enough? Let’s have some fun!
Not a Drop to Drink by Mindy McGinnis
Poison Princess by Kresley Cole: See my review here.
The Age of Miracles by Karen Thompson Walker: See my review here.
Vampires, Aliens, and Zombies, oh my!
***While you’re here, check out my giveaways!***